Guys, I’m at NYADA auditioning (No I’m not. I’m selling perfume on street corners for college money.) so the full recap will come on Saturday. BUT WE HAVE TO ADDRESS THIS EPISODE BEFORE THEN.
OKAY. Let me just put to the public that I am (duh) a fan of Klaine. I adore both characters, I adore both actors. Ditto with Brittana, but they were rock solid, so they don’t need my hand wringing. (And I loved all of their hand holding and joyfulness with each other. Oh, Santana and Brittany—you’re the cutest.)
1. I found the Whitney memorials in their lockers to be creepy. I know, I know they’re trying to tie it in to the overall theme, but whatever, this is Glee, where Artie magically sings himself to the top of the stairs. Still. I can’t believe Whitney had that much of an impact on all four of them. Whatever.
2. Let’s all acknowledge that this was the very first time anyone ever flirted with Kurt Hummel with the intent of something happening. That’s heady. Hang on, I’m not finished. I am glad that Kurt had someone show interest in him in a positive way.
3. That doesn’t mean he should have taken Chandler’s phone number.
4. Blaine finding the text messages about broke my damn heart.
5. Everyone siding with Blaine as he sang his anger/heartbreak song to Kurt made me upset. Yes, Kurt was stupid, but it was teenager “I’ve never had anyone INTERESTED IN ME FROM THE START BEFORE” stupid.
6. When Kurt sang to Blaine and was all “Oh, don’t even THINK of looking away while I pour my heart out to you!” and Blaine was moved and sad and hurt and Mike turned over to give Blaine the, “Ooh, you messed up!” face, made the previous joining Blaine’s side better. Almost.
7. Kurt had a point, re: Sebastian.
8. Couples therapy in Miss Pilsbury’s office was hilarious (and really, really poignant and sad and wonderful and achy) when Blaine asks if she’s actually qualified, and points out how she actually isn’t.
9. I enjoyed Mr. Schuester here. He loves these kids. In an appropriate way!
10. Burt. Freaking. Hummel.
11. Sam was hilarious here.
12. Um, Jesus Joe needs to hold me and sing to me, because damn.
13. Quinn! Actual character development! I bet Miss Agron was happy to have Quinn get a good story line.
14. Dear writers: Tina and Mike just glancing at each other isn’t enough. We fans love them. They’re about to be broken up. Show us what’s happening with them, please.
Yes, this isn’t a proper recap, but let’s just start the conversation about all of this, shall we? Because oh my god, it made me cry; I ache and I loved it. Remember: I don’t want any character bashing here (if someone is inappropriate, you can criticize, but you can’t hate on anyone, please. That’s not what we’re here for.) but I’d love everyone to start talking about how they are leaving in 42 days.
I’m not ready. (I know, they’ll be back in some capacity, but still.)
Whatcha thinking about it?